|Vacation Rentals Information||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Owners Dont be Scammed!
Scam artists pose as potential renters everyday on many different "by owner" websites. Why? Because it works! Learn to spot common warning signs of many rental scams.
Everyday individuals approach property owners using the internet via email posing as renters in an attempt to swindle unsuspecting owners out of large sums of money. These scams will continue as long as they fool a small portion of property owners. The best defense against rental schemes is to be informed and remain alert. It is important to know that Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, Certified Checks, as well as Personal Checks can all be forged. Scammers are very sophisticated and even some banks are fooled by forged documents, until they try to collect the funds.
There are several WARNING SIGNS that indicate that a rental inquiry may be a scam. Note that a fraudulent rental lead may exhibit only one or possibly none of these warning signs during the first contact. You may have several back and forth communications before you receive a warning sign. Below you will find the most common warning signs of scams.
1. WARNING SIGN: The potential renter's check comes from an underdeveloped or third world country but some are coming from developed countries as well. It can take a bank up to 8 weeks to verify funds from a check coming from a remote bank or account. Normally, a bank can verify funds from a check in about 2 weeks when it is coming from a developed country. There have been several recent accounts of this scam coming from developed countries in Europe also. Take precautions with all rental leads and remain alert! SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that their check must clear before they may rent your property.
2. WARNING SIGN: For whatever reason given, the potential renter wants to send you a check for a large sum of money in excess of the rent due. They may give one of the following reasons why they have this "suspiciously large" check to send: wedding gift, honeymoon, payment from a trust fund, bonus from their employer, or gift of another type. If you deposit this check they will ask you to wire the difference back to them immediately. You may be hounded and possibly threatened to return the excess funds. Keep in mind that a bad check may also be for the exact amount due. SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that you will only accept a check for the exact amount of the rent due and that their check must clear before they may rent your property.
3. WARNING SIGN: The renter wants to rent your property in the very near future, giving your bank and you less time to verify the funds from their check. SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that they must provide funds that clear the bank before they may rent your property.
4. WARNING SIGN: The renter would like to rent your property for an unusually long period of time compared to the average rental period of your other renters. The time of year requested may be an unusual time to rent a property in your area (not the normal season). This can be an indication that the individual is contacting many owners on a site indiscriminately. SOLUTION: Keep other warning signs in mind when replying to this individual.
5. WARNING SIGN: They may attempt to ease your suspicions by letting you know that they are a professional in their country?.Doctor, Scientist, etc. and might even provide you with an official sounding Company name to verify their employment. They may be offering TOO much information in hopes that you sympathize with them. SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that they must provide funds that clear the bank before they may rent your property.
6. WARNING SIGN: The funds they want use, will be coming from someone or somewhere else: a boss, business partner, or relative. Sometimes the check comes directly from them. SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that you will only accept a check for the amount of the rent and that their check must clear before they may rent your property.
7. WARNING SIGN: The renter would like to wire the money directly into your account. Don't ever give anyone personal information including bank account numbers or Social Security numbers unless you don't mind losing your identity! SOLUTION: Consult your bank and ask them for the best way to wire funds safely and economically.
8. WARNING SIGN: Their communication with you is poorly written, with several grammatical and spelling errors. In some cases it is difficult to figure out exactly what they are requesting. SOLUTION: Let the potential renter know that you will only accept a check for the exact amount of the rent due and that their check must clear before they may rent your property.
Owners experiencing one or more of these warning signs from a potential renter should proceed with caution. It is important to remember savvy scammers will make every effort to gain your trust. The warning sign(s) may arise after several contacts. We can help deter this criminal activity by sharing our knowledge with others. If we work together, these scams will not succeed.
Vacation Rentals - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Looking For Maui Rental Property?
Maui is one of the islands found in Hawaii. It is known asthe second largest island in Hawaii and it is also calledValley Isle.
Apartments are Good for Your Health
Work-rate, health and even personal relationships may be affected if you stay in hotel accommodation for longer than 4 nights on business. Natalie Wakefield of The Apartment Service states her case.
Sussex County Delaware Beach Area Towns and Villages Are Unique and Historic
I love Sussex County Delaware. I am native born, multigenerational and proud to be one of those who, as they say; "are from here".
Finding Vacation Rentals in North Lake Tahoe
The main difference between North and South Lake Tahoe is that most people who live on the lake year around tend to own houses on the northern end. Here you'll find housing developments of the highest quality, serene resorts, campgrounds, beautiful beaches as well as shopping and dining as good if not superior to the choices in the busier, more crowded southern end of the lake.
The Advantages of Vacation Rentals in Costa Rica
Whether you've saved up for years for a fun family vacation or want a romantic honeymoon in a tropical paradise, Costa Rica offers something for everyone. This lovely locale isn't one of the world's most popular fun in the sun destinations for nothing.
Looking for a Vacation in Paradise? Try a Bahamas Vacation
Plan your next vacation where most people call paradise..
From Vancouver Down The Oregon Coast To Napa Trip
Spent a fantastic trip going down the Oregon Coast to Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and back again up the Oregon Coast - awesome! It was like a honeymoon!We drove from Vancouver, Canada down through Chuckanut Drive, Widbey Island and down to Portland - over to a place called Seaside, Oregon - stayed at a great motel called Ebb Tide right on the beach there - woke up and strolled the beach - awesome 500 feet deep beaches, with virtually nobody on themStopped in at the Sea Lion Caves, and the Devil's Churn - great spot to watch waves catapaulting in the air as they hit huge rocks - the Oregon Coast goes from deep deep beaches to headlands with huge waves crashing, to sand dunes with grass and miles of sand inland - its 400 miles of gorgeous scenery every mile!Went for oysters at Winchester Bay - they have a triangle in the river mouth where they "make" oysters, and then they are taken to the place where we went, where they come in on a conveyor belt, and the lady shucks them and hands them to you - it couldn't get any fresher! I liked it so much I went back later on in the trip as well.My impression of California was 6 lane expressways, so I was surprised to drive a stretch of road that was the windiest, lonliest, craziest that I've ever driven - my girlfriend came THIS CLOSE to throwing up! I went for a stretch of over 30 minutes where my hands didn't stop moving, turning, turning, back the other way, up around a curve, back the other way, etc.
Shropshire - Englands Forgotten County
Shropshire is England's forgotten county, but it is well worth making the effort to get there. It is only three hours by train from London and there is plenty to see and do.
Finding The Best Timeshare For You - Make The Search An Adventure!
Taking the plunge from average vacationer to vacation property owner is a big jump. The fear associated with a full, outright purchase of property hundreds or even thousands of miles away from home can be blissfully alleviated through the purchase of a timeshare.
Orlando Vacation Homes - Comparing Homes to Hotels
When staying in Orlando, you really do have a lot of choices ..
So You Want to Sell Your Timeshare
You are the owner of a timeshare and have decided the time has come to part ways. You may be interested in another timeshare or have decided a timeshare isn't for you.
Italy with Kids - Seven Ways to Get the Most from Your Family Travel in Italy
Italy is a popular vacation destination for families because it offers something of interest for everyone. The land of gelato welcomes children in general and, more specifically, has sights and foods that most kids love.
Pigeon Forge Hotels
Hotels are a large component of Pigeon Forge lodging. As with any major tourist destination, there is a wide array of hotels to choose from.
The Bed and Breakfast Experience
The bed and breakfast experience is unique. You get the benefits of living at home with service that rivals the best hotels.
A Guide to Cozumel Vacations
What kind of traveler are you? Do you want everything handled for you so all you have to do is arrive at the airport on time and everything else is already arranged? Or do you like to be a hands-on manager of your vacation planning? Do you want to arrive at your luxury hotel with your time scheduled out in advance - massage at 3, dinner at 6, dancing at 8 - or do you prefer to arrive at your efficiency suite, grab the local yellow pages and let the adventure begin? Whatever it is you want, however you like to travel, as long as you enjoy beautiful island paradises, great food, a choice of adventures to experience and friendly people, you'll find it on Cozumel. Start with a travel agent in the town or city where you live.
Love the Outdoors? Consider a Gatlinburg Cabin Rental
Love the outdoors, looking for adventure, a romantic getaway, or a family vacation? Gatlinburg, Tennessee, located in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains, is the perfect vacation spot for families looking for outdoor adventure and entertainment. Gatlinburg and neighboring cities, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville, offer a wealth of outdoor activites, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Finding the Right Home Rental in Lake Tahoe
There are a few patterns to consider when looking for a Lake Tahoe home rental. You'll pay more for the houses near the ski areas in the winter time no matter the size and you'll always pay more for lakefront properties no matter what time of year.
Advantage of Renting a Condo While on Vacation
So you may be asking yourself, why would I want to rent a condo while on vacation? Although condos are a little more expensive than a normal hotel would be, you get more included with the full package, and when you really break the price down you are getting more bang for your buck.PRIVACY - there is always someone there to see you when you leave or return and with whom.
A Look at Bahamas Vacation Resorts
Bahamas vacation resorts are great places to look into if you are interested in finding many activities all in one spot. In addition to providing its guests with a place to sleep, resorts often feature such amenities as golf courses, tennis courts, restaurants, clubs, water activities, boat and other rentals, shopping, and more.
Consider A Private Kauai Vacation Rental For Your Next Getaway
There are many wonderful resorts with tons of activity in the Hawaiian Islands. However, have you ever considered staying in a vacation rental home or condo? You can experience much of what the resorts offer while enjoying the comforts of home in a private Kauai vacation rental.
MyIdeal Domain Is For Sale - $8,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.MyIdeal.biz - 2012